This weekend I found myself with no less than 6 black bananas, plus 4 more on their way! – not wanting to waste them and being a lover but not a baker of banana bread, I looked to the social world for their ideas and recipes to use them up. Here’s what they came up with…
Banana Bread plus 9 more ways with old bananas!
1. Banana Bread WITH Nutella created by the lovely Ashlie from Sugar Rushed – uses 4 – 6 bananas (problem solved right there!)
2. Banana milkshake – uses 1 and a half bananas
- 1 and half bananas
- 400 ml whole, organic milk (my preference but you can use what you have)
- 1 tsp of ground almonds (for extra protein goodness!)
Whizz the lot together! Serves 1 and a toddler
My buddy Omar on Instagram went one stage further and said freeze them and THEN whizz them up with milk and honey. Yummy! Which also reminded me of this…
3. Guilt-free chocolate-peanut butter Gelato – 3 bananas
You need a SERIOUSLY good blender to make this (mine exploded) but the end product is delicious and healthy!
4. Smoothie – uses 1 banana
- 2 Apples
- slice of pineapple
- 1/4 cucumber
- 100ml whole, organic natural yogurt
- 1 banana
Juice the apples, pineapple and cucumber, add the natural yoghurt and banana and blend with a stick blender. Serves 1 and a toddler
5. Oat Banana Bakes suggested by Amy Cooper – uses 2 bananas
“Mash 2 bananas, mix in a cup of porridge oats, make into lil balls and bake till golden – really nice little snack!”
7. Easy Pancake Recipe – 1 to 2 bananas
It uses 4 ingredients and I make this every weekend for the kids – LOVE THEM!
8. 2 ingredients pancake – 1 banana
Or you can try this even easier version, which was suggested by Lucy.
10. Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins suggested by Debbie Breen on Instagram – 3 bananas
There, now a single banana need not reach its destiny, old or otherwise!