We’ve been in our ‘new’ home nearly 8 months and our bedroom has probably been almost finished for about 3 months. I say almost because we’ve been lacking in Bedroom Ideas!
There’s no art on the walls and a horrible mirror that has been leaning against the chest of drawers for months. It’s those last finishing touches (like furniture and the bits and bobs that would add some personality) that are preventing it from being completely finished and ours.
So far we have painted the walls in Joa’s White and the skirting in Dimity. As we are up in the roof, we’ve had VELUX blackout blinds fitted and a normal blackout blind fitted in the window. We got a new bed in July and we have just picked a carpet in Paris Grey which will be fitted in 10 days time. Ooh la la!
I thought I’d share my inspiration and ideas for finally finishing our room!
Bedroom Ideas – The Feel
Back in April I talked in a post, called How to Sleep, about creating a clutter-free sanctuary that perfectly promotes sleep. So, we’ve known for some time that the main feel we wanted for our room was inspired by a “luxury hotel” feel. Somewhere really inviting, with soft furnishings and super comfy bedding, perfect for a happy slumber.
Image Source: Michael Abrams
Bedroom Ideas – The colour palette
Because we had chosen a black bed, I’ve been looking for colour palette ideas which would incorporate that. The best way to discover new bedroom ideas, I find, is to type into Pinterest “Black Bed” (or whatever thing you have that you’re designing your room around!) and see what images tickle your fancy.
I love gold
As Goldmember would say, so I was drawn to the rooms with pops of gold/yellow, and started to collect those images. You can see my thought process in my New Home // Bedroom Pinterest board.
Bedroom ideas – The wish list!
For my bedroom ideas wish list, there’s ended up being more grey than I would have anticipated, but I think this combo, with pops of yellow and gold in the furniture and soft furnishings would look really lovely. Oh and some of it is rather expensive…so we might have to revisit to find a cheaper alternative!
- Astrid Lambswool throw in Lemon Yellow – £70 from Pinesolutions
- Soft velour pencil pleat curtain in Dove – £65 – £105 from Next
- Gatsby Floor Mirror – £297.50 from Laura Ashley
- Duvet set with sheet in Slate (I’ve heard great things about this company so I’d also like it in white) – $299 from Parachute
- Tripod floor lamp with colour interior (different colours to chose from – I’d go gold. Obvs) -£29.99 from Value Lights
- Octagon side table (for bedside tables) – £295 from Oka
- Wilfred Tripod Table lamp – £75 from John Lewis
- Hedgehog pillow – £13.52 from Etsy
- Monty armchair in French Grey – £995 from Loaf
- Kew Glass Top side table – £189 from Atkin and Thyme