I don’t know about you but I’m feeling Autumnal. I love the big knits, comfy jeans, and no need for a massive coat just yet – it’s the season casual clothing was made for!
Because I work from home, it’s not uncommon for me to work in my PJs. However, as a school run mum, I need casual clothing that is passable for when I undoubtably forget it’s time to go and get my son.
My clothes need to be comfortable but acceptable for another human to see me in and autumnal casual clothing is perfect for this.
Casual Clothing for Autumn
I love clothes but I really don’t enjoy shopping – My brain starts to melt.
So, I basically only shop when I absolutely have to, a few times a year. And now is one of those times; as detailed in How to Declutter, I recently got rid of more than half of my clothes! While I like the clothes that I have…there aren’t many of ’em.
Yesterday I completely smashed the front of my phone, so I took myself off to the Apple Store and while I waited for my appointment I popped into French Connection to see what casual clothing they have for Autumn. The best thing about daytime shopping is it’s quiet and you get a shop assistant to yourself.
The lady quickly found me the jeans I needed (OMG I’m in love with the Skinny Rebound Jeans – they fit like a glove but I’d recommend trying on the size below what you normally wear) and selected some lovely jumpers to complete my casual autumnal look.
With renewed enthusiasm, I’ve pulled together some casual autumn outfits that I particularly like.
Both are suitable for working/lounging at home, but can also be dressed up for the school run or even going out. Time to go from slummy to yummy!
Casual Clothing – Autumn Outfits #1 – the school run
1. RSVP Now Wool Jumper – French Connection £75
2. Skinny rebound Jeans – French Connection £69 (I have these in light blue as I prefer a lighter colour for ‘around the house’)
3. Woven Cami Top – ASOS £12 (I have this in black and red and I love them – comfy but easy to dress up for a night out too!)
4. Fluffy Slipper Socks – Joules £19.95
5. Fleece lined boots – Red or Dead £80
Casual Clothing – Autumn Outfits #1 – Dressing up the casual
1. Whistler Oversize Cardigan – French Connection £160 (yes it’s an investment but this baby is going to be worn every day of Autumn for both smart and casual occasions!)
2. Skinny Rebound Jeans – French Connection £69 (shown in Vintage here but get Rinse for the easy to dress up version!)
3. Layered Tassel necklace – French Connection £46
4. Daisy Street Over the Knee Boot – ASOS £39.99
5. Vintage Cotton tshirt in Metalic Blush – J. Crew £35
Those are a few of my favourite autumn outfits – what do you tend to wear for casual clothing?
I’d love to hear your tips for easy, comfortable style!