Fancy a dip!
There are a couple of occasions when this easy, lazy houmous recipe comes in handy…
Sometimes I just have a hankering for houmous and loads of yummy veg. Most likely after a period of not eating all that healthily.
Other times, I’ve got people coming over and I’ve forgotten that you’re meant to serve up some kind of hors d’oeuvre. This is both presentable and tasty. Win win.
But a) it doesn’t happen that often so b) I don’t always have tahini in. Or if I do it’s got things growing on it.
This is where this easy, lazy houmous recipe comes in handy…it’s super easy and it’s a total cheat because it doesn’t use tahini. But packed with other flavours like lots of lemon juice and herbs or hot sauce, you really don’t miss it.
And your fridge will thank you for not having another mouldy jar lurking at the back.
Easy, Lazy Houmous Recipe
Houmous Recipe – Ingredients
All you need is:
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained and rinsed under the tap)
- 2 tbsp lemon (or more if you like a tang)
- 3 tbsp greek yoghurt (or more if you like it creamy!)
- 2 cloves of garlic (you can mince to give your blender a hand)
- hot sauce/herbs (optional, get creative!)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender
- Serve up with your favourite veggies or toasted pitta.
I’ve also snipped on some chives and used more hot sauce because I’m craving spicy food at the moment.
I ended up taking this over to my friend Jeannie’s house after I made it yesterday and we shared the lot for our lunch. Very satisfying AND healthy!
How do you make your houmous?
I’d love to hear how you make yours and any tips for making it even yummier!