Time to Eat!
Well hello there! Welcome to my blog if you’re new here and if you’re a regular, welcome back! Today I thought I would reblog my Easy Pancake Recipe, which I first published here on the blog back in 2013 when Reuben was a mere year old.
It’s been one of my most popular blogs, consistently bringing in traffic every month, so I’ve updated it to include a quick video tutorial, which proves how easy this pancake recipe really is!
Have a wonderful Pancake Day and scroll down to see the rest of the post, with the recipe and photos!
Easy Pancake Recipe
Have I got a super mega easy pancake recipe for you today – I’ve been meaning to share this for literally months. It’s been my go-to recipe for something Reubs will definitely eat, THAT IS HEALTHY, ever since Claire Manby suggested this recipe on the Mum’s Days Facebook Page back in June. I’ve altered the original recipe as I felt like I was eating a porridge patty but the result is an even easier recipe! So, if you like pancakes (who doesn’t?) and you want an easy pancake recipe (there are only 4 ingredients!), stick around…
I am by no means a food blogger; I don’t have the patience for all the photos required, my kitchen is never tidy enough and I’m generally not a very good cook. I make some delicious things, don’t get me wrong, but I wouldn’t be able to recreate them – I’m what my dad would call an ad-libber. Every night it’s like an episode of Can’t Cook-Won’t Cook – I have ingredients and shoe-horn them into a nutritious, hopefully delicious meal for Mike and I. That doesn’t work so well for Reubs so when all else fails, I bring out the easy pancake recipe. For the most part, I can recreate these with similar results every time.
Easy Pancake Recipe
To make more than enough pancakes for you and your baby, you will need:
- 1 cup* of rolled oats
- 1 cup of milk (I was making this before Reubs was 1 and only ever used whole milk as the whole family were also eating them)
- 2 egg
- 1 ripe banana
Four ingredients – that’s it for the easy pancake recipe!
1. Whizz the lot in a food processor/liquidizer. Mine is too ugly to show you! You can also use a hand blender but be sure to get it really fine – the last time I used one I found the pancakes still had whole oats in it!
2. Put oil in your good non-stick pan. I use 1 tsp of coconut oil and that is enough for the whole batch. You can also use butter or olive oil.
3. Pour in your mixture. You want little rounds, they are MUCH easier to turn over and they are then also a handy bite size for your bambino. I can get 5 in my pan but not when I’m trying to take a photo!
4. Flip your pancakes. When it’s starting to make little bubbles in the top, that’s when I know they are ready to turn. Yours might not do that though so just flip after a minute or 2!
5. Move pancakes to a plate (I find a pile is best as this keeps the first ones warm!), Continue adding your mix until it’s all gone. Meanwhile remove toddler from cupboard, oh and don’t forget to put the coffee on.
You’ll probably find the second lot are better than the first, I always do!
6. Pour coffee and put everything on the table!
7. Have a poke and a play, then EAT! Reuben has his plain and I put a bit of cinnemon butter on mine – sounds super naughty but it’s in my Clean & Lean Diet!
Verdict on the easy pancake recipe? Delicious!
Other toppings include
- mashed banana and cream cheese (literally amazing – almost like smearing cheese cake on it!)
- fruit and yoghurt
- halved blueberries added to the mix (after blitzing but before cooking!)
- Gabby likes Nutella
- Mike likes honey
- Cinnamon butter is – 50g unsalted butter (leave it out for a bit so it’s beatable!), 1 tbsp manuka honey, 1/2 tsp cinnamon – beat together and refrigerate to set. Amazing on rye bread too.
For an even easier easy pancake recipe, you could always try this 2 ingredient pancake; 2 eggs, 1 banana… a glorified banana omlet, but still delicious!
What do you think of my easy pancake recipe?
Will you be giving it a try with your little one? Do you have a failsafe recipe that you know your little one will eat?! Do share, I love hearing your ideas xx