Today was my final weigh-in for the 6 week body transformation at Elite Physique (see my first body transformation update here)!!! How did I do with my overall weight loss? …well, I didn’t quite hit my 20lb target but I was pretty close.
Final Weight Loss = 19.2lbs
I am so pleased with that!!!
Here’s how I have got on over the last 6 weeks…
Final Weight loss – 6 week body transformation
I have been keeping a video diary over on my Youtube Channel to keep track of my progress. For my final weigh-in video I have outlined how I’ve found the whole process… the highs and the lows of this 6 week body transformation and weight loss program.
And if you don’t want to watch the video, here it is in text form!
- Juggling childcare – I felt incredibly guilty about putting pressure on Mike and his parents to look after Reuben so I could do this, but I think overall it worked out really well and THANK YOU SO MUCH to them for sacrificing lie-ins for me! And Mike has been so supportive through out, encouraging me and telling me how proud he is. Awww!
- Sticking to the plan – what can I say? I’m a rebel! A rebel with a penchant for chocolate and wine…so I did have the odd cheat but I’ve been very honest about what it was in the video diaries, and it shows how good the plan is that I was still able to almost reach my goal!
- The workouts – I really LOVED the workouts! I’ve never worked this hard in my whole life and I can now do things like Jumping lunges (something I never thought would be possible post-child!!) and burpees! It’s also changed the way I workout at the gym, meaning I now make myself sweat and my preferred workout looks like this…
- 5 min jog to the gym
- 10 minutes bike
- 15-30 minute tabata workout (for example, set 1: burpees and press ups, set 2: squat jumps and tricep dips – repeat each set 4 times, 20 seconds per exercise 10 seconds rest, then move onto the next set. Repeat both sets 2 times! Hardcore!)
- 10-15 minutes bike
- My new friends – working out to this intensity and with such a challenging goal, I have really bonded with my comrades!
Why did the plan work?
- Competition – there’s nothing like having people around you doing well to keep you going!
- Clear goals – lose 20lbs in 6 weeks. Pretty clear cut and easy to understand.
- Ass kicking – the Team at Elite Physique were brilliant – encouraging when you needed it but also knew when you needed the odd ass-kicking too!
- Clear Plan – they gave us a plan to stick to and tweaked it for each individual if they needed it
What I hope to take from it?
- Portion control – who knew my man-sized portions and red wine was making me fat…oh, right, everyone! Not I though, when I thought I was being healthy I was still eating far too much. No two ways around it. And now I know how much I should be eating. I really hope I retain that knowledge!!!
- Love of Exercise – I hope I never forget that feeling of pure elation as I drove home in the early morning after those workouts. It particularly hit me in week 2. That’s addictive!
- My new friends – I hope we can continue to support each other to reach our new goals!
Speaking of new Goals…
My goal going forward is not necessarily to lose much more weight, but more to focus on how my body looks. I’d like to be able to sit down in a bikini and not want to die. I’d like my arms to not flap as much! So it’s about turning the wobbly bits in to muscly bits! I don’t want to be skinny, I want to be real and healthy. A hot, healthy mama! And I plan to continue to share my journey right here.
Thank you so much for everyone who has supported me in this weight loss journey!
And as I said in the video, if you would like to get in touch to ask me any more questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below or email me email@example.com.
Disclaimer: this has not been sponsored in any way by Elite Physique! I would love to work with them in the future, but that’s a discussion still to be had 😉 No, I paid my £199 just like everyone else, I am purely sharing the experience on here because it’s been both fascinating and amazing, so I thought you’d like to hear about it too!
Video Diaries of my weight loss journey
I shall leave you with a whole bunch of videos! If you would like to see my progress from week 1 to my final weigh in you can find all of my video diaries below!
Week 1 weight loss diary – why I started
Week 2 weight loss diary
Week 3 weight loss diary
Week 4 weight loss diary
Week 5 weight loss diary
Final weight loss (at the end of week 6)