Give your toast some ooh la la!
French Toast (or Eggy Bread as it’s less romantically known around these parts) just seems perfect for Valentines, don’t you think?
And you can dress dress them up in so many different ways – sweet with fruit and syrup, or savoury (ish) with bacon and syrup. Gabby likes it simply with tomato ketchup!
It’s also very amenable to a pastry cutter, meaning your toast could get some extra va va voom whatever the time of year (I’m thinking about my Easter Cutters I bought 2 years ago and still haven’t used!).
But today we’re going to eat our hearts out. Get it?!
Here’s what to do – and don’t forget to save the bread slice from the largest heart!
French Toast – Easy Valentines Breakfast
You will need:
2-4 slices of toast
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp milk
2 tbsp butter
(an extra egg – optional!)
What to do:
1. Cut out your bread in the shape of your choice, setting the shapes to one side.
2. Mix the egg and cinnamon together, then add the milk and whisk again.
3. Dip your bread shapes in the mixture, coating each side (but not too much!)
4. Melt the butter in a hot pan, then fry your eggy bread for a minute or two until they are all golden on both sides.
5. Decorate your French Toast with your favourite flavours!
Do you fancy some French Toast for your Valentines breakfast?
Or do you have a favourite Valentines Breakfast you always do? I’d love to hear in the comments below or come and join the conversation on the Mums’ Days Facebook Wall!