Part 1 of the 20 hour Ski Challenge with Protest and Competition
I had my first lesson last Thursday with Everyone Active at the Silksworth Sports Complex in Sunderland and I’ve had 2 more lessons since.
I’m learning with the lovely Lesley, a top Ski instructor and winner of more medals than you can shake a stick at. In this post, I’ll be sharing what Protest clothing I’m wearing with your chance to win the same outfit, Lesley shares her top tips for How to Ski for those of you starting out…or even just thinking about starting out. But first, here’s how I’ve been getting on…
How to Ski – hours 1-3
So far I’m loving it! It’s not as mortifying as I thought it would be, I haven’t fallen over, touch wood, and I don’t feel frustrated by my progress. Here’s a short video of the first 3 lessons.
In the video I’m wearing some gorgeous goodies from Protest, which you can win! (Your own new ones – not what I’ve been wearing…) Just scroll to the bottom and fill out the rafflecopter.
How to Ski – Lesley’s top tips
1. Bring gloves. It’s part of the slope rules to wear them all the time when you’re on the hill. Falling over hurts without them!
2. Arrive in plenty of time before the lesson. You’ll have lots to get sorted so don’t get stressed out by being in a rush.
3. Dress for the weather. You’ll be outside so even though you need to be covered up, turn up wearing a full ski suit in June and you’ll cook. Likewise, if it looks like rain, bring coat.
4. Ditch the (skinny) jeans. They won’t be comfortable tucked in your boots. Skiing’s a sport, dress for it.
5. Don’t be too scared. The instructors know what they’re talking about and won’t push you to do anything you absolutely can’t.
6. Listen to the instructor. Even if you think you can’t do something, it’s their job to show you how. If you already can do it, it’s their job to make you better.
7. ENJOY IT! Skiing is great fun, you’ll have a blast!
What I’m wearing
When my Protest box arrived, I thought Christmas had come early. I loved everything they sent me.
What’s more, I have never really owned anything that is warm. I know that sounds silly, but all these years I’ve hated being outdoors because I’m nearly always too cold. It turns out I really was just wearing the wrong stuff. I have been so incredibly toasty during my Ski lessons, even in lesson 2 when it chucked it down for the whole hour!
Here’s what I was wearing (and what you can win!)
Fabrizo Zip Top – this is a long-sleeved fleece top to wear under your waterproof jacket. Snug as a bug!
Hopneon Snowpants – I want to live in these snow pants. They come up nice and high to pull in the ol’ mummy tummy, are super comfy and they are warm and waterproof. Oh and I they look pretty snazzy – there’s no missing me on the slopes and I’ve had so many compliments!
Alyssa Snowjacket – this is a fashion jacket! I’ve been wearing it to the pub, for the school pick up, to the shops…and yet it’s actually the warmest jacket I’ve ever put on and it’s fully waterproof so perfect for skiing. It’s true love.
For your chance to win this outfit, just fill out the rafflecopter below! UK residents only and Ts and Cs apply, so please read them via Rafflecopter. Good luck!
**Competition now closes**
I’m linking up with #BrilliantBlogs and the love Vicki over at Honest Mum