On this International Women’s Day, it seems quite fitting that I should have some lentil recipes for you…for years my mum, who is also one of my heros, was a vegetarian so the answer to the question ‘what’s for tea?’ tended to be lentil curry!
If you saw my how to lose a stone post, you’ll know I’ve been eating a lot of beans. Here are 2 of my favourite lentil recipes from the week.
Lentil recipes – green lentil with chicken
- A little olive oil and garlic and chilli
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 can/carton green lentils
- 2 cups of veg (I’ve used red cabbage, fennel and Japanese Komatsuna, pictured below, but use what you have/fancy)
- A big handful of parsley (or other fresh herbs you have)
- Heat oil, chilli and garlic then add the chicken. Cook through then remove from the pan, which should have some lovely crispy chicken bits left in it!
- Add the veg (I tend to throw in whatever random stuff arrives in the veg box, like this Komatsuna) and parsley and cook through for a few minutes.
- Stir in the lentils then pop the chicken back in the pan to warm through and serve.
Lentil recipes – Red lentils and pepper good stuff
Serves loads – Reuben will eat it (very mashed up) with pasta and I love it with fish or steak (or even scrambled eggs in the morning!)
- olive oil
- onion and a garlic glove
- 1 or 2 red peppers
- a handful of basil
- a bag of lentils
- chicken stock (mine, pictured below, makes about 500ml)
- extra water
- pop all the veg in the pan with the olive oil and basil. Fry up for a bit
- Add the lentils, pasta and stock
- Bring to the boil
- Cook for about 45 minutes, checking on it regularly and adding extra water as necessary.
What are your favourite lentil recipes?! Feel free to add your links in the comments below!
Filed under> > Time to Eat