...my last List!
Welcome to The List! This is a blogging linky which I host with the gorgeous Aby from You Baby Me Mummy, all about lists! And we have some exciting news as this week The List is being sponsored by Zazzle, The Make Engine™. They have given us a £50 voucher to give to one of you lucky listers! Aby will use a random number generator to pick the winner next week. Good luck!
Zazzle want to help everyone to make whatever they can imagine. You can add personal touches to their products and they have sooooo many products to customise! More than you can shake a stick at, some might say. From cards to clothing to mugs, watch, business cards and wall art, they offer super high quality personalised products!
On to this week’s List! If you’re a blogger, please join us with your posts (you’ll see how at the end). If you’re not a blogger, you can still enjoy #Thelist. Explore the posts linked by clicking one of the tiles below. It will take you off to a new blog, which you will love! On to my week’s list…
- I’ve been skiing and, er, skiing for the 20 hour challenge – it was tough at the start of the week as I had a real confidence crash after I fell over last week, but I’m back in the flow with it and ready to tackle some solo skiing next week!
- Christmas has arrived at our house in the form of onesies and our Advent Boxes. I’ve even got one for myself and I’m a total convert!
- The heating went off in our house on Wednesday…onesies are extra helpful at the moment. I’m hoping it get’s sorted today.
- We have 5 castles (out of 40) left to do!!!
- I’ve just finished the 3rd series of Parks and Recreation and I love it. The 4th series is the last one, I’m not sure I can do it after my episode with The American Office. Too many tears!
With all my driving to Sunderland and back (about an hour each way with the A1 traffic the way it is) it has been an epic week for podcasts. Absolute highlight have both been from the Tim Ferris Show:
- Kevin Costner on building his career, positive self-talk and making Dances with Wolves happen – what a show! – I seemed to go into a dream like state as I drove through the rain and the road-works. The story about Dances with Wolves was brilliant, I couldn’t believe how open and honest he was. No wonder he’s such a great conveyor of tales!
- Rainn Wilson on Meditation, the Sexy Nostril exercise and more – did I mention that I loved the American Office? Well Rainn was Dwight and I loved him. Rainn is nothing like Dwight but over the course of this hour or so show, I loved him too. A really deep, caring, funny guy with some fascinating thoughts on world-peace.
I also really, really enjoyed The Lively Show and Jess’s interview with Isabel Foxen Duke on how to eat intuitively. It’s really got me thinking about my own yo-yo dieting funk that I’m in. I need to study it some more.
So it’s my last week as host *sobs* I’ll save my grand speech for next week and without further ado here are my featured writers from week 64 of #TheList:
14 Things I Took Away from Blogfest, Sloughing Towards Thatcham – this perfectly sums of Blogfest for me, and it was all the more lovely as I got to chat about some of it with the man himself, while we were there!
101 ideas for supporting your child’s development 0-10 years, Thinking Parent- this is a really thorough and thoroughly useful resource. Definitely one for bookmarking!
7 thinks that stop me reading your blog, Pouting in Heels – this is a great read and oh so true. As ever, Kate has managed to distill everything you were thinking into a perfectly written and articulated post!
This week I am linking Our Christmas Advent Box and an archive post (which I believe is still relevant today!), Christmas 2013, presents for little one. Aby is linking her week three round-up of #LittleFierceOnes and Christmas gift guide for little ones.
What will you link up?!
Grab the badge and get linking!