For super soft skin
My face has been having its moments recently. I’m either breaking out in spots or suffering from really dry skin, or most commonly, both! So this Coffee Face Scrub has been a saviour.
The coffee exfoliates and plumps up your skin, while the yoghurt and added coconut oil really rehydrates, making your skin feel amazing.
Homemade Coffee Face Scrub
I came across the recipe in The Honest Life by Jessica Alba, which is packed full of lovely and chemical-free ideas for your home and family. I first wrote about the book 3 years ago in Jessica Alba made me clean the house and I still refer to it regularly so I’d highly recommend it.
Anyway onto the recipe! You will need:
– 1/2 cup of greek yoghurt (I’ve used Yeo Valley Organic Greek Style Yoghurt)
– 1 tbsp ground coffee (I’ve used Cafédirect Organic Ground Coffee, which you can get from most supermarkets)
> For oily skin add: a squeeze of lemon juice
> For Dry skin add a tbsp of coconut oil
> You can also add some bicarbonate of soda for breakouts or use oats in place of the coffee for a more gentle scrub!
All you need to do is:
1. Mix the ingredients you want to use together
2. Rub into your skin in a gentle circular motion
3. Leave it to dry
4. Wash off for silky smooth skin!
The amounts above do make enough for a few applications, but the mix will last a few days in an airtight container or jar or give the rest to your mum. Hello Mother’s Day!
Have you got a favourite DIY face scrub?
I’d love to hear in the comments below or come and join the conversation on the Mums’ Days Facebook Wall!