Tuesdays are hair days!
As we speak I have got me some greasy hair! And it will stay that way until morning when I’ll wash it and then it will feel like silk. What’s my secret? Coconut Oil Hair Mask!
I read about it a few weeks ago and since my hair generally feels like straw, I decided to try it. I couldn’t believe how much better my hair felt. I’d been suffering for a little while with itchy head syndrome. I was convinced I had nits! But after making my mum inspect, just like the good old days, I was diagnosed with having a dry head, which I’m putting down to the change in the weather and increased central heating! Anyway, that stopped instantly and my hair felt lush so now I’ve started to do it every week, on a Tuesday after Reuben and I go swimming.
Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Would you like to do it too? Course you would. But it’s very complicated so concentrate…you will need some coconut oil and a tea spoon. Oh and a towel to put on your pillow to stop it getting oily.
We use coconut oil in our cooking so I just use this
1. Wash your hair with shampoo (I get in the shower with Reuben at bathtime while he plays at the other end of the bath. And I do the rest of the process in the bathroom while he continues to play!)
2. Towel dry your hair
3. Get a teaspoon of your coconut oil – this is your coconut oil hair mask!
4. take little bits of the coconut oil hair mask in your palm and rub your hands together to get it to melt
5. Bit by bit, rub the melted coconut oil hair mask through your hair from root to tip and then pile your hair on your head. Make sure it feels comfy as you’ll be sleeping with your hair like that.
6. Drink lots of water, for some reason I wake up feeling like a raisin, so I make sure I drink loads the night before and the next morning.
7. In the morning, wash your hair as normal and style!
I was joking about it being complicated.